If you ask ten people how to cure a hangover you are more than likely going to get ten different answers. Hangovers have been plaguing humanity since we discovered alcohol, but only recently have we had scientific research that tells us exactly what a hangover is. Even though the science is relatively knew, that does not mean that older hangover cures were entirely without merit. Today, we’ll take a look at one of the oldest hangover cures that recently garnered some science-based evidence to back it up: red ginseng.
Red ginseng has been used in tea as a hangover cure for dozens of years, but no one really knew why it was so effective at mitigating hangover symptoms. A recent study on PubMed found that reg ginseng shows positive effects on alcohol metabolism in animal studies.
Not only does red ginseng help your body metabolize alcohol more quickly, but it also helps to soothe an upset stomach—one of the worst manifestations of a hangover!
So what’s the best way to consume red ginseng? Well, it would be quite rough to eat it raw. In our experience, the best way to consume red ginseng is in tea! It’s quick, easy and is ideal for helping with a hangover because it forces you to drink water as well!
Now, it is important to remember that no herb or supplement is going to completely cure hangover symptoms. In fact, the only way to totally avoid a hangover is to avoid consuming too much alcohol. However, foods like red ginseng, water and supplements like Intelligent Drinking’s product Primer can all work together to mitigate classic hangover symptoms.
Since we took the time to explain how red ginseng works, it’s only fair that we do the same for Primer. Primer is a supplement sold by Intelligent Drinking that won’t cure your hangover, but can make it a lot easier to deal with. It does this by reinforcing your body with the nutrients that alcohol depletes, while stimulating your liver’s detoxification process.
Of course, we would never recommend a product without letting you know what’s inside it! Primer includes:
- Vitamin C (as sodium ascorbate, potassium ascorbate, calcium ascorbate, and zinc ascorbate)
- Thiamin (as thiamine HCI)
- Riboflavin (as riboflavin 5’-phosphate sodium)
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxial 5” Phosphate)
- Vitamin B12 (as MecobalActive™ methylcobalamin)
- Folate (as Quatrefolic® (6s)-5-methyltetrahyrdofolic acid, glucosamine salt)
- Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate)
- Magnesium (as Albion® di-magnesium malate)
- Zinc (as TRACCS® zinc bisglycinate chelate)
- Manganese (as TRACCS® manganese bisglycinate chelate)
- Chromium (as TRACCS® chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate)
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI (ALCAR)
- Flavanoids (natural grape powder)
To learn more about Primer, or look for other Intelligent Drinking products, be sure to visit www.intelligentdrinking.com.